A domestic violence victim sits in distress

Domestic Violence Attorneys

Protection from Abuse and Protection from Stalking

In Kansas, people often obtain restraining orders because they have been abused or stalked. The Protection from Abuse and Protection from Stalking Acts provide people with protection from others.

In some cases, you may need protection from those who pose a threat to your safety or well-being. However, the restraining order process can be used frivolously by those seeking to annoy or frustrate a person with whom they are upset.

Our domestic violence attorneys have experience in assisting clients with obtaining a restraining order. Additionally, they can assist in the defense against an improperly filed restraining order.

Please contact the domestic violence attorneys of Wagle & Turley for more information.

Domestic Violence Victim Resources

If you or someone you know needs help, please send them the following information.

We hope these resources are helpful to you or someone you know. No two domestic violence cases are the same. However, access to resources is always critical and necessary for those in domestic violence environments.

Kansas Coalition against sexual & domestic violence
– Call the Kansas Crisis Hotline: 1-888-363-2287
Domestic Violence Safety Plan
The National Domestic Violence Hotline
– Call the National Hotline – 1-800-799-7233
Emergency Shelters in the Sedgwick County area
Wichita Family Crisis Center